Friday, March 26, 2010

Are you a mice or a...er, man? woman?


After about a two year hiatus to let my body heal I've started weight lifting again. Although not able to do the olympic style lifts (yet) because my wrists still give me some trouble--Fezek: "I just figured why you give me so much trouble" The Dread Pirate Roberts: "Why's that, do you think?"--it's still really great being back in the gym, tearing muscles to shreds and building up some strength.

Okay. Change of tone. Three things that chap my hide. The government trying to bully the common person (and here I could dive down the rabbit hole of my rant against the IRS, but I'll spare you for now), being lied to, and my home owners association trying to act like the government by bullying and lying to me. Also corporate dominance (with bullying and lying) is up on my list. I watched Zeitgeist yesterday which talks about the possible conspiracies behind religion, the September 11 attacks and the Federal Reserve Bank. Although I don't buy into most conspiracies I think it's good to be aware. One part of the movie--which you too can watch at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ --someone says, "...you have to have an enemy to have a society." Is this true? I don't know. Why can't we just have a common positive goal? Does a society really need an enemy? Can't we just all get along? Yeah, yeah, I know it's cliche, but it's a nice sentiment.

At the end of the film there was a statement about having a choice between fear and love. I'd rather choose love. And I don't mean that in the sappy, oooh-ooh-ooh sense, but really isn't living with a sense of love better than living in fear? As the dad says in Strictly Ballroom, "They lived their lives in fear!" indicating by his statement that he hadn't. This echoing announcement then stirs the dancing hearthrob to change his actions and confront both his own life and the lies he's been told. In the same movie the love interest Fran says, "Vivir en miedo es como vivir a medias" (a life lived in fear is a life half lived). I think that's true. Life is too short to be caught up in the wrong emotions (dear self, please take note of this statement and act accordingly, thank you, me).

No comments:

Post a Comment