Friday, March 12, 2010

I wanna be like you, I wanna walk like you, talk like you do-ooo-ooh


Who do I want to be like the most?

There's that old saying, "You become like those you spend the most time with." In this virtual world and because of my reclusive nature I don't spend a lot of physical time with people. However, I am still influenced by the ones that I feel are my closest friends. This morning while shaking a bad humor I decided I needed an attitude shift. So who do I want to be most like?



1. My mom. My mom is probably the single best person in the world. Ask anyone who knows her, bet they'll say the same thing. Not only is she beautiful, funny, a good listener, thoughtful, and the synonym for sunshine but she can also get killer deals no matter where she shops.



2. My dad. The thing about my dad is he's always learning new things and experimenting. One time he and I tried to capture the color of northeastern fall leaves, using some kind of silicone coating and air drying because I wondered if it could be done. He's the ultimate techno-hippy who melds the best of two worlds. He never says no to a challenge and lives by the motto, "Don't worry, you can always be used as a bad example."


3. Steve Irwin. He may have been a little crazy but the man lived with passion and did what he loved. If I have to die one day then I hope I'm as lucky as he was - to die while living at his fullest. Also he never had a bad word to say about anyone (that I heard). In an interview he was asked what he felt about a particular organization that was against him and his work and he praised them for their good and pointed out that everyone has different goals. I really respect that. I hope I can always focus on the good in others. He loved the uglies, ie., the crocodiles, he saw beauty in all creation. Because isn't everything beautiful in some way?


So far that's the list I've got. I'm going to brainstorm and look around for other examples of who I'd like to be. Of course, above all I want to be myself but it sure is nice to have some great influences.
The picture is a drawing I did of my dad for "Draw Your Dad." I'm still learning how to edit these posts. One day I'll be cool enough to insert the pics exactly where I want them.
Until that time....

1 comment: